Sunday, December 12, 2010

December Issue Supplement

Unfortunately, I did not receive many questions this month. But here are a few that I thought were worth answering even though they did not make it into the Storm Chaser itself.

Dear Knickerbocker,
Why is it so hard for girls and guys to hang out without the rest of the campus making assumptions that they are more than just friends?

On the campus of a small Christian college there is a certain (often fallacious) expectance that single guys and single girls will get together and magically be single no longer. Hence many people will hastily conclude that when a guy and a girl are close that there is a romantic interest (my own roommate has done this countless times to me). Because of the dynamic at this college, relationships do tend to burst into flame quickly from just a small spark, but some people tend to take this a little too much to heart and expect it to happen to everyone here.

Dear Knickerbocker,
I went to Nerf Wars as you suggested, but I didn't see you there! What will it take to make you come?

I play whenever the fancy strikes me. Keep coming and eventually you’ll see me. It’s a great hobby and I enjoy it immensely. However, due to the nature of the game, it is only playable at night most weeks. Since I have to be awake and alert in order to learn, I often choose to sleep instead of kill.

Dear Knickerbocker,
Will the Seahawks make the playoffs?

Not a chance.

Remember: you can ask questions anonymously by commenting on the latest post or by texting or emailing second_clone.question@blogger.com

3 comments:

  1. Not a chance? Really? What are your thoughts now? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Knickerbocker
    I fell in love with my best friend, but I got stuck in the buddy zone.
    She found out how I felt, but had already started dating someone else. It is especially bad because the guy she is dating was another close friend of mine. I have lost two of my best friends. We have all been in contact and told each other how we feel. A lot of anger at first, but now, we are all really sad and confused. What it boils down to is this; I have had a major impact on her life, and she regrets the fact that she can't see me as anything more than a friend. He is sorry he has hurt me, but this is the first time he has felt a romantic connection to somebody in years, after having been cheated on in his last relationship. And I miss my friends. I can't stand to be around them, because it is like slowly having nails driven into my chest. But I miss them, and they miss me. They have always been people who have needed a lot of support, and I was always there for them. Now I need some support. I'm not someone who easily or often gets emotionally invested in things. I'm the guy who is always crazy, cracking jokes and helping people cheer up, or at least fight through it. but I'm not good at making close friends like these two were. I have always held on tightly to the friends I have, and now I find that the two people who I depended on the most have let me down. Do you have any advice about this situation?
    -Moonflower Harvest

    ReplyDelete